Monday, May 17, 2010

"The Help" Thumbs

Here's a class assignment where we would create a bookcover for the novel "The Help." The book deals with racism in the south during the 1960's. A touchy subject matter thats usually hard to deal with just because of the sensitivity of the topic. I felt that the best way to tackle this was to make the image a metaphorical representation of what the book is about rather than a literal image of what it's about.

I wanted to create an image that has more of an emotional impact rather than a narrative one. anyways, here' are my thumbs. the red lines represent where the text is going to go.



1 comment:

Annie Hughes said...

ah ha, I wish I'd read this one first...

If that's the case, then perhaps the violence of the red and the statement it makes is the better of the two.